HEALTH & BEAUTY ⎯⎯⎯ 07 NOVEMBER 2016
These pancakes are rich in (casein) protein and have a creamy flavor with minimal ingredients. Guaranteed to be one of the easiest and most delicious pancakes you’ll ever make.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
(UP TO 2 SERVINGS)
2 egg whites
2/3 cup 2% cottage cheese
2/3 cup oat flour (or blended oatmeal)
1 teaspoon cinnamon*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
spray coconut oil
Fresh blueberries, strawberries etc.
Organic, raw honey or low-calorie syrup
* – denotes optional ingredient
1. Beat eggs together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients – oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together.
3. Then add cottage cheese and mix together using a spatula.
4. Pour in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and set the skillet on medium-high heat.
6. When the skillet is hot, add 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter to the skillet for each pancake. Cook for about 1 – 2 minutes per side.
FOR 1 OF 2 SERVINGS
292 calories, 26g protein, 28g carbs, 7g fat, 4g fiber, 2g sugar